Monday, February 15, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Friday, February 12, 2010
Abide by the following:
1) I will not wear gladiator sandals at work.
2) I will not wear gladiator sandals with anything that flares - be it a skirt or pair of trousers.
3) I will not wear gladiator sandals that are brightly coloured.
4) I will not wear gladiator sandals if I have fat feet or ankles.
5) I will not wear gladiator sandals after five pm.
Monday, February 8, 2010
I love anything old/old-fashioned, and this is especially true when it comes to art and fashion.
Aubrey Vincent Beardsley was a Victorian illustrator, and some of his work is simply divine. Some of the clothes depicted in his work are very wearable, and the drawings themselves work as great inspiration for prints.
I have also recently become obsessed with cowl necks. This is primarily for two reasons:
1) I do not like wearing too much jewelry, and so I tend to accessorise minimally.
2) I'm not a fan of prints or pleats or lace or any kind of fancy decoration on my clothes. I like simple cuts and designs.
So the cowl neck is sort of a savior for an outfit that might otherwise look very dull and boring.
Viva la cowl!